FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mary Margaret Mullan
XDCAM Transfer
on Jan 27, 2014 at 11:11:47 am

Hi,
I have been using XDCAM Transfer to import files that were shot on an EX3 camera into Final Cut Pro. I had two folders, and while one of the worked fine when I selected them using 'Add Source', the other one didn't and in brackets where the clips should appear it says (0 clips) and this error message comes up:

Failed to import movie from file at /Volumes/Untitled/TED/barry/BPAV/CLPR/547_5530_01/547_5530_01.MP4 (-50)

I can see from the folders themselves though that all the relevant clips are there - same as in the folder that did work. I tried re-naming the folder, copying it to my hard drive etc. but it just doesn't work.

Any ideas out there?

Thanks.
Mary

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XDCAM Transfer
on Jan 31, 2014 at 10:42:30 pm
Last Edited By Don Greening on Jan 31, 2014 at 10:43:59 pm

Although you may already be aware, make sure the BPAV folder you're trying to access with XDCAM Transfer is inside another folder with a unique filename (you can choose the name) and that the "BPAV" name is not altered in any way. In addition, the contents of the BPAV folder should also not be altered in any way. If these recommendations are not strictly followed XDCAM Transfer WILL NOT SEE the BPAV folder. When you choose "ADD" in the lower left corner of the XDCAM Transfer window all you need to do is choose your unique folder name and the program will automatically see the BPAV folder inside and show all the clips in the XDCAM Transfer window without you needing to do anything else.

I hope this helps.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Mary Mullan
on Feb 3, 2014 at 3:31:08 pm

Hi,
Many thanks for this info. I was given the files on an external drive named with a simple first name - on the main folder, then inside that were two folders BPAV and BPAV1 - the BPAV1 doesn't work - I tried renaming and taking out the other folder, but no matter what I do I still get the the 'Failed to import movie...'error. It worked for the files inside the original BPAV folder but not for the other one. I also tried to download a fcp plug in from the sony site but it requires you to register with an US address - I am in Ireland. But I don't think that should be the problem as I was able to open one of the folders in XDCAM Transfer and see the clips. For the BPAV1 folder it says '0' clips.
Mary

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Feb 3, 2014 at 9:16:35 pm

[Mary Mullan] "For the BPAV1 folder it says '0' clips. "

That's because the folder name is BPAV1 instead of BPAV. You cannot have more than one BPAV folder within a parent folder (one that you've created and named). Create another parent folder with a name of your choosing, drag the BPAV1 folder into it and drop the number "1" from the name. Now XDCAM Transfer will see the folder and all its contents.

Post back if you're still having problems.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]