FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW 200 only channel 1 appearing on Adobe Create Suite 6

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Smith
Sony PMW 200 only channel 1 appearing on Adobe Create Suite 6
on Jan 19, 2014 at 1:57:48 am

We just bought a Sony PMW 200 camcorder and recorded video (FAT) with channel 2, line-in mode. Channel 1 was not used. When adding the clip to CS6, after effects timeline. no audio wave is shown. (cannot edit audio). The video playback on camcorder and VLC player on computer plays audio just fine. i just cant edit it.

We then recorded another clip in channel 1, and that is working fine (we can edit the audio).

What is happening? why channel 2,3,4 are not showing up on the timeline? we have not had any issues using Sony NX5 camcorder before.

Equipment: PMW200, CS6, Main Concept codec 5.1

Return to posts index

juan rodriguez
Re: Sony PMW 200 only channel 1 appearing on Adobe Create Suite 6
on Feb 28, 2014 at 12:39:44 pm

I am having similar problems to listen channel 2 in vlc player, realplayer etc. in the camera you can see all channels recorded but wenn i want to listen to it im my pc there is no sound on channel 2... juast chanel 1 with the interview tone...
You can listen your audio channels first wenn you put your material on the time line on premiere pro, then apear alls channels..

Cann any one tell my why are not channels 2-3-4 apearing on my players with an mxf file in my pc?

thanx!

F.

Return to posts index

Beth Bromley
on Jul 9, 2014 at 6:37:54 am

My partner and I were having the same issues might I suggest loading it to computer hard drive to access all audio properly.

Return to posts index

TJ McCormick
on May 7, 2015 at 11:48:30 pm

I just had this problem. I recorded in UDF and didn't get channel 2 on my audio (i usually record on channel 2 for lavs, and 1 for ambient/shotgun). When I went to review footage on my newly souped up MacbookPro 15 early 2011, I didn't hear audio, and nearly freaked! I tried everything, until I found a UDF Mac driver on the Sony website. Scared the bajangles out of me, but everything was there. Also, faster transfer rate was had as well. That may have been due to the reboot of my thunderbolt dock, but who cares, it works!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]