FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam OP1a to OP atom and back

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
XDCam OP1a to OP atom and back
on Dec 30, 2013 at 6:47:09 pm

Does anybody know a way to take Sony OP1a files and convert them to OP atom and back again? The purpose it to send OP atom files to audio for syncing where they would simply replace the audio mxf files.

Thanks
John

Return to posts index

John Heagy
Re: XDCam OP1a to OP atom and back
on Dec 30, 2013 at 6:49:24 pm

Oh... I should add I'd like to do this on a Mac not Windows.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:29:07 pm

Reveal the Pro AV folder on the disc. This contains the raw, non interleaved files. They are still Op1A, technically, but will behave like Op-Atom files.

Once inside the ProAV folder you'll see a Clip folder with different sub folders for each clip.

Note there is no easy way to get back to interleaved files without rendering out a new .mxf from Avid, FCP or whatever you are using.

To reveal ProAV on the U1/U2 drive go to the User Settings area of the software utility and de-select "Hide ProAV folder". To reveal this folder on the HD1500/1600 deck go to the Maintenance Menu (Shift + Home + Menu keys), then navigate to M3 Others--> M33 File I/F Config-->ProAV Display. If you are using a model other than the above let me know..

It's best to turn off ProAV when you don't need it as this will prevent you from accidentally double-copying all of your data when copying/archiving discs. The Clip/Sub/Edit folders are virtual but if you copy a disc manually and include ProAV you will end up copying everything twice (with 100 GB of data for a 50 GB disc...)

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:38:27 pm

Thanks for the quick response Ian but these are not XDCam files from a Sony camera but XDCam.mxf files created with Episode Engine, so no folders specific to Sony XDCam discs.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 30, 2013 at 7:40:42 pm

If you have access to a Sony XDCAM device you can copy them to disc, then pull the non interleaved files from the ProAV folder

Otherwise the only way to really do this is to use something like FFMPEG or the Sony SDK to extract the MPEG data and rewrap the AES stems to new .mxfs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]