FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW 320 Lens Issues

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Ballard
PMW 320 Lens Issues
on Dec 16, 2013 at 7:52:37 pm

I have heard that the lens that comes with the PMW 320K sticks during a slow zoom similar to the EX1R and EX1. Has anyone seen this issue. I am interested in purchasing a number of PMW 320s for a fly pack and need to know if I will have to add a better lens to the package.
Thanks (

Return to posts index

Jacqueline Bazinet Tolson
Re: PMW 320 Lens Issues
on Apr 27, 2014 at 11:09:28 pm

Hello Glenn,

My work purchased the Sony PMW 320 with stock lenses to replace our aging EX3's,(also with stock lenses). I am a news photographer. My fellow photogs and I are experiencing sticky jerky zoom at slow speeds. It's ugly, it's annoying, it's unprofessional, and I'm trying to find a solution. Not only does the rocker/servo stick at slow speed, but it goes slightly out of focus at the beginning of the move.
I never had a problem with the EX 3's or any other camera I've used.
I don't know if you ended up purchasing the 320, but let me know if you did and if you are experiencing similar issues.
If anyone else is experiencing this and has a fix - please contact me!

Thank you!

Jacquie

Jacquie Bazinet Tolson
Editor, Producer, Video Journalist
619-206-9711
San Diego, CA

Return to posts index

Glenn Ballard
Re: PMW 320 Lens Issues
on Apr 29, 2014 at 9:20:16 pm

Sorry you are having issues. We are purchasing several of the PMW 320s. I understand the issue is with the stock lens. We demoed a PMW 320 and I do not remember it having these issues- at least not as bad as I have seen it on our PMW EX1Rs. With the EX1Rs we began using a remote zoom control that seemed to help the issue a little.
As far as the 320s go, we were needing a longer lens for two of the cameras so upgrading those will help. We decided to wait until we have cameras in hand until we decide if we need to upgrade all the lenses.
How are the lenses on your EX3s. I do not know for sure but there may be an adapter that will allow you to use those lenses on your 320s.
Let me know what you find. It seems I am about to be in the same boat.

Thanks
Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]