FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM clips appearing solid GREEN in Final Cut???

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason O'Hara
XDCAM clips appearing solid GREEN in Final Cut???
on Nov 27, 2013 at 8:54:06 pm

I have 2 systems both running Final Cut 7.0.3 and XDCAM Transfer.

I have been using both systems to import and edit XDCAM footage from an EX1 for years without issue and suddenly both systems have begun acting up simultaneously?

I have recently installed Perian and performed software updates so am worried this is the cause of the problems?

The problems are as follows:

-on 1 of the 2 systems, XDCAM Transfer cannot read the BPAV folder as video clips, it plays back just the audio and the image is completely black. Fortunately, on the other system, XDCAM transfer appears to work normally and I can create Quicktime wrapped XDCAM files from my BPAV folder

however...
-neither of the 2 systems can read these newly created XDCAM (.mov) files in Final Cut. The .movs open and playback fine in Quicktime player. however within final cut, all of the files appear as a solid green screen??

I know its not a corrupt recording, because final cut and XDCAM Transfer are now behaving the same with old BPAV folders which I never had any issue with.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: XDCAM clips appearing solid GREEN in Final Cut???
on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:35:48 pm
Last Edited By Don Greening on Nov 27, 2013 at 9:37:57 pm

This sounds a lot like what has recently happened to many people and it has to do with F.C. Studio performing an automatic ProApps update. This actually breaks the relationship of the Quicktime Long GOP codecs to all the other programs you have that use Quicktime. Please read about the fix at the link provided below.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/142/880836

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM clips appearing solid GREEN in Final Cut???
on Dec 2, 2013 at 2:51:33 pm

Yes, it sounds like you are running Snow Leopard and installed the recent ProApps 1.0.3 update..? This breaks the XDCAM and Long GOP decoder in QuickTime and causes the symptom you describe. You will need to do one of the following:

-revert the system to a pre-upgrade state either bu restoring from a backup or by swapping out the QT library folder with one from another Snow Leopard/FCP system.

-upgrade your OS

This is an Apple problem and we are working with them on a fix but in the meantime you will have to use one of the above means to undo the recent update.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]