FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Browser no access to the media

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jérôme klockenbring
XDCAM Browser no access to the media
on Nov 26, 2013 at 10:01:05 am

Hello,

New poster to the forum, I have read a lot of post but not found my trouble.

I have an HP Z400 win7 and MC 6.5.2 and the SONY PDW-1500. I use XDCAM Browser 2.1 since a long time to preview my footage and use AMA to link footage into Avid. All was working without trouble.

Suddenly, I just have access to my footage via windows but now XDCAM browser won't access to my bluray with a red cross on the refresh icon. I have reinstalled XDCAM Disc Software2.3.2, SxS drivers 1.10 and 2.0.x for UDF, unistall XDCAM Browser, reinstall and same trouble no software can access directly to the bluray contents, just windows has access to do a copy. With the copy I can do anything, but not directly in the XDCAM disc.
Here's a capture screen of my red cross (in the bottom right corner):

I have tested with my old XDCAM disk who was working, tested on my old workstation, tested with my camera; same trouble no apps access to the disk contents and windows let me copy the contents on my local disks, and this copy is working for import...

Does anybody has known somthing similar and have an idea what trouble could be?

Return to posts index

Christopher Cameron
Re: XDCAM Browser no access to the media
on Jan 10, 2014 at 9:29:50 pm

Hello,

This issue has just surfaced for us. I have been unable to figure out a solution. Seems to work fine if i copy the XDCAM folder to a local volume but cannot link directly to the optical disk. Were you able to find a solution?

Return to posts index

Jérôme klockenbring
on Jan 13, 2014 at 9:32:06 am

Hello,

I just find a solution for my workflow this weekend. In fact, we use "Symantec Endpoint Protection" for antivirus protection. And the guilty was my antivirus... just uninstalled and my workflow work fine.

Now, I can access directly to my media from my favorite editing application.

Return to posts index

Christopher Cameron
on Jan 27, 2014 at 5:38:38 pm

Same issue here. Contacted sony about this shortly after posting and they pointed out the issue with Symantec. Went to Symantec preferences and disabled it and that did the trick. Can re enable when not using the XDCAM drive.

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]