FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corrupt frames in FAT32 formatted SDHC card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lambert
Corrupt frames in FAT32 formatted SDHC card
on Nov 22, 2013 at 8:43:26 pm

Hi everyone

I have run into a major snag with a job I am currently on the Sandisk Extreme 64gb SDHC card that I was using in an adapter wont let me copy from my cards to my mac using any xdcam software, to another sdhc in camera, or copy and paste using finder.

Playing through the file it seems something has corrupted in one of the segments which are split into 3.64gb segments. Unfortunately for me this is mid interview on a one time only event. Is there anyway to recover this?

Vlc and Content Browser both crash around the same mark in playing the clip back I have yet to attempt playing in camera and recording through an extrernal recorder but I fear that would be the same result.

Does anyone have any experience of this or am I going to have to attempt some kind of editing mircale and attempt to split the clips and cut out the bad second or so and dissolve the frames and hope no one notices? (Yes I know that's a long shot)

If anyone has run into this and has any advice please let me know.

Could this indicate a major fault in my EX3? I also had an issue today where battery remaining just jumped from 40min to 0min in no time at all.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Corrupt frames in FAT32 formatted SDHC card
on Nov 22, 2013 at 9:24:04 pm

Try using Browser to manually reimport the .mp4s to new disc images. This will rebuild the metadata. File-->Import, select .mp4s, a new BPAV folder will be created in the target location..

Return to posts index

Chris Lambert
on Nov 23, 2013 at 12:44:36 am

Hi Ian

Content Browser will talk to the clip I cannot seem to be able to do what you mentioned without getting an access method.

It does however seem to play the clip to some degree albeit in a still image and jaggery few frames at a time of sound.

I keep getting a msg about access to the file or access being prohibited when attempting to open it in another folder via the import method. (Assuming I'm following it correctly.)

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Nov 25, 2013 at 4:18:00 pm

The file is likely broken somewhere. Any chance you can send it to me to take a look at?

Return to posts index

Chris Lambert
on Nov 25, 2013 at 4:24:52 pm

Hi Ian

I'd be happy to link it to you in the end I went with a file recovery company to salvage it. They did something using terminal to copy the file from one location to another (something find would not allow) which somehow fixed the issue.

So if anyone runs into this in the future it can be resolved in some form otherwise £90 fee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]