FORUMS: list search recent posts

Content Browser2.2.. export

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
Content Browser2.2.. export
on Nov 5, 2013 at 7:28:17 am

I have CB V2.. but no software for editing..I do have MPEG Stream clip .. how would i make a H264 copy from the down loaded files of say XDCAM EX.. CB export function doesn't seem to work at all .. expect Sony PSP.. how do I get a movie file from the downloaded files off the card..? which I can then select in Stream clip to make a 264 file..?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Content Browser2.2.. export
on Nov 5, 2013 at 4:54:05 pm

most of the export options are for FAT/EX clips. if you are using .mxf you'll have to use a different application (FCP, Episode, Compressor etc)

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Nov 6, 2013 at 12:08:46 am

Hi Ian

Thanks for your response,I tried ex too.. I must be doing something wrong then.. I have the explorer and preview windows open..download clips to a folder on desktop.. that folder opens with all the clips.. then I select all and go to the export pull down list.. I want to make all the clips into one movie file.. I guess I have to have some other editing software to make one movie file out of all the clips..

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Nov 6, 2013 at 2:31:19 pm

what you're trying to do, if i understand correctly, is not possible. it sounds like you want to combine multiple discrete clips into one long clip..? if you have a spanned EX clip, i.e. one video clip (showing one thumbnail) made up of sequential <4GB chunks, these are consolidated into one file when you convert but it's not possible to group standalone clips into one consolidated clip.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Nov 6, 2013 at 2:54:35 pm

Hi Ian

Ok thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]