FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upgrading Firmware on the EX1 from version 1.06

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alec gitelman
Upgrading Firmware on the EX1 from version 1.06
on Oct 21, 2013 at 1:20:56 am

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on my EX1, which I owned since some time around 2008. I have firmware version 1.06, so I cannot use the latest firmware upgrade available on the Sony site, I need to upgrade to 1.11 first.

I cannot find a 1.11 download anywhere on the web. Can anyone help me find one?

Thanks!
Alec.

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: Upgrading Firmware on the EX1 from version 1.06
on Oct 21, 2013 at 3:24:48 am

Your EX-1 has to go back to a Sony service center and what I have to report is not good...a shooter friend of mine here in Dallas went through the same thing (EX-1 owner), and they said that the cost to upgrade the camera would be in the $300.00 range and it would be gone for 10 days....

HTH

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

alec gitelman
on Oct 21, 2013 at 3:49:38 pm

Bill,

That is exactly what I am trying to avoid; I did call the local Sony service center and got the quote of $270. I know it is possible to do the upgrade yourself, I've seen demo videos of the installation online. I just don't have the actual firmware to install.

Alec.

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
on Oct 21, 2013 at 6:07:55 pm

I do hear you this...but I hate to say, that Sony are the only ones that can get you the updates....and they want their "pound of flesh"....if you know what I mean....good luck to you....

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Oct 22, 2013 at 10:46:50 am

Not wishing to sound smug (heaven forbid!) but here in the UK I can get my EX 1 upgraded within the hour and at a cost considerably lower than the one mentioned. Why is it that our tech guys are so much more helpful than yours? I notice this time and again from plaintive posts, yet the US technical skills are second to none.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]