FORUMS: list search recent posts

Faster way to import clips from individual folders into Premiere Pro CS6?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aileen Pickering
Faster way to import clips from individual folders into Premiere Pro CS6?
on Sep 30, 2013 at 10:39:28 pm

Hi. I have recently purchased a Sony PMW 200 and upgraded from CS5 to CS6. Instead of the costly SxS cards I opted to use SxS card adapters with Sandisk high-end performance SDHC memory cards. So when I upload my files onto my hard-drive every single clip has it's own folder. The required files are in MPG4 format. However, to get the required file into Premiere Pro CS6 I have to go into each folder individually and select the file to import. Surely there is a faster and more efficient way to do this, especially when you are working with about 200 clips or more. It is quite time consuming and tedious doing it one by one. Can anyone suggest a better way?! All suggestions welcome, thanks.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Faster way to import clips from individual folders into Premiere Pro CS6?
on Oct 1, 2013 at 1:51:21 pm

It's only in EX/FAT mode that each clip and its related metadata files reside in their own folder. In UDF/XDCAM mode (requires SxS or XQD media), all the clips are placed in one folder.

You should still be able to see all the clips at once if you use Premiere's Media Browser instead of File-->Import. The Browser can be set to 'File Directory', in which case it works like Mac OS Finder/Windows Explorer or it can be set to recognize camera archives in different file based formats. Leave it set to 'File Directory' until you get to the Sony folder, then set it to 'XDCAM EX' and you will see all your clips in one place:

Return to posts index

Aileen Pickering
on Oct 1, 2013 at 8:29:12 pm

Thanks. Yes it's in FAT mode. I tried what you said about having it set to 'File Directory' but it won't give me the option of selecting anything else at any time let alone 'XDCAM EX' for some reason.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 1, 2013 at 8:38:23 pm

It won't allow you to change it to 'XDCAM EX' until you get to the level on the card where the BPAV folder resides. The selection only works when it sees a valid camera archive.

Return to posts index

Aileen Pickering
on Oct 4, 2013 at 3:36:03 pm

Thanks Ian. I only discovered after I posted the last message that I needed to upload the entire first file to my computer. Learning as I go along with this new camera. I've also learned that I get all my four audio channels by importing the entire file and therefore have a separate channel for my lav mic. The new camera will just take a bit of getting used to. Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:54:30 pm

can you import the HD422 video into Premiere natively?
Mike Cohen

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Nov 21, 2013 at 6:55:21 pm

yes, using the media Browser or File-->Import

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]