FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW-350K for broadcast?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Wise
Sony PMW-350K for broadcast?
on Aug 13, 2013 at 10:23:21 am

Hi there,

I'm a self employed cameraman, looking for a new camera to buy. The total amount of money I can spend is about 20.000 USD.

The last couple of years I've worked with a simple HDV cam by Sony -- Sony HVR-Z7P.
I'm looking for a more professional camera now, since I'm doing a lot of promotional stuff, used for television.

At first my eye came across the Panasonic HPX-600; a nice lightweight ENG camcorder. For now I'm stuck with the Sony PMW-350K. A (what seems like) decent professional camcorder, ready for broadcast.

I've been looking into the PMW-350K the last couple of months, but I'm still not quite sure. You see... I'm really looking into using the right type of lens (which I don't have extra money for). If I decide to buy the PMW-350K, it comes with a nice, decent lens already, but still...

##########################
What do I want to achieve?
##########################

Example 1:

Example 2:

I really do like the space around the subject. I'm not sure though what type of lens is used over here. It feels more wide angle in a way.

Are there any other camera's that are recommended for these type of things (called press junkets)? But also doing reports at red carpets (a bit more of a wide angle/telelens would be recommended).

Thanks for the help! :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]