FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDHC Recording time ??

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alen Alilovic
SDHC Recording time ??
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:11:25 pm

Hy, I have SONY EX3, and I record with SDHC adapter,with SD CARD 32MB. My question is how much Minutes can I record in HD definition without stoping, so I do not have SXS adapter, I have SDHC adapter recording with SD cards. I found on the net, that with SXS cards, we can shoot 70 minutes without stoping, so my question is how much can I shoot with SDHC adapter, and SD card??

Thanks
Alen

Return to posts index

Marek Bilski
Re: SDHC Recording time ??
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:25:44 pm

Depending on the firmware between 104 mins and 115 mins.

MxM Express

Return to posts index

Alen Alilovic
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:35:33 pm

Thanks MXM
Right now , I am testing my camera, I started recording before one hour, and it stil record, so It would be like you said, thanks :)

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:41:58 pm

If you turn on your display, and format the card, the remaining record time will be shown in the upper left.

Steve

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Aug 7, 2013 at 8:40:33 pm

On my EX1 I get 111min/32 gig card; with multiple cards & adapters you can shoot continuously till you run out of cards, mixing in any SxS cards you have too. While recording you can eject the adapter from the slot not currently recording, put a fresh card in the adapter, re-insert it and keep on shooting. You can do this indefinitely. Don't really know what might cause that circumstance, even the longest stretch of a seminar is around 3 hours before break. And I'm paranoid about individual files getting too long anyway and always find a spot to start & stop recording to create file breaks. I'v pretty much mastered the card switching by ejecting during a pan to eliminate camera shake.

DO NOT just get your fingernail in there and eject the SDHC card from the adapter - eject the adapter with the card. Electing only the SDHC card will cause the camera will shut off completely.

Steve

Return to posts index

Alen Alilovic
on Aug 14, 2013 at 6:52:45 pm

Tnx Steve;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]