FORUMS: list search recent posts

ATW question

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
ATW question
on Jul 16, 2013 at 9:37:38 pm

I've recently purchased a Sony EX3 and am not understanding the ATW /A/B/preset functions.
If I want to use the camera with ATW so the camera will do all the balancing I should be able to flip the ATW switch to the "B" position. That was my understanding but that does not seem to work.
And... whenever I flip the ATW switch from position to position I get a message that says "Cannot proceed" forcing me to do a manual white balance.

What am I missing here?
Thanks for any help. I'm new to the camera so please don't jump on my too hard for not knowing what is probably a simple answer.

Roger Bansemer - PaintingAndTravel.com

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
Re: ATW question
on Jul 17, 2013 at 3:41:17 pm

The Sony Ex-3 is an outstanding camera.... I always shoot with manual white balance on both the ex-3 and Ex1R. If you pan your camera and you have it on auto white balance and during your pan you come across a large white obect the White balance will change and you will see a color shift in your video. I use Doug Jenson's Doug 1 profile for out doors and it has a preset for daylight. For night time shooting and indoors I still use his profile but manually set my white balance.

This may not be good advice so if there are others out there please express your recommendations.

Works for me.

Good luck

Ronnie

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
http://www.dirtracingvideo.com
http://www.ramtv.tv

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Jul 17, 2013 at 5:15:37 pm

Thanks for your reply but what I'm puzzled about is the fact that when I flip the toggle between preset and A and B I get a message on the screen "cannot proceed"
The same thing happens when I toggle the Gain switch. I get the message "cannot proceed"

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jul 17, 2013 at 6:38:02 pm

[Roger Bansemer] "The same thing happens when I toggle the Gain switch. I get the message "cannot proceed""

Go to the DIRECT menu in the OTHERS menu and switch from ALL to PART. This will give you control of your camera's switches and banish the "cannot proceed" warning. If you type "cannot proceed" into this forum's search field you will find a wealth of information related to your issues. The forum search field should really be called the "Shining Path To Enlightenment."

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Jul 17, 2013 at 11:14:28 pm

Hello Don,
Thanks so very much for answering my question. I would have never figured that one out. I appreciate the tip.
Roger

Return to posts index

TJ McCormick
on May 8, 2015 at 2:42:40 am

this was a lifesaver. i just had to use this on a shoot. I've had my cam for two years, and i just now did a full reset. drove me nuts until i found this. thank you, and many happy, fully funded projects to you!

TJ McCormick
Sony PMW-200 Owner-Operator
Live Event Video Engineer/Camera Operator/Tape Op, IATSE Local 720
Sony Vegas 12 User
Bluteeful Productions

Return to posts index

Jw van der Vlies
on Jul 24, 2013 at 4:45:01 pm

Maybe solved already but on my ex1r you can set the 'b' to manual white balance or ATW. I dont know where in the menu (cam not here at the moment), but it's there on my ex1r.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]