FORUMS: list search recent posts

Screen shots of PMW200/300 control over WiFi/web? (Ian?)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Fleckenstein
Screen shots of PMW200/300 control over WiFi/web? (Ian?)
on Jul 11, 2013 at 4:21:22 pm

I've got a little one-man-band studio with old analog equipment and robotics on my two cameras. If any of you want a flashback, they're KY-19's. I'm upgrading to three remotely controlled cameras and have selected the PMW300s when they come available because they're going to do double-duty as my field cameras as well, replacing my DVCAM gear.

The bummer is, as old as my equipment is now, it's easily controlled by a Camera Turret controller - including the lens. I'm still scratching my head as to why there is no remote lens control for the XDCAM EX series of cameras, but it's out of my control. I'm excited about the WiFi option and am exploring that as an option for controlling the lenses on these cameras. Sadly there isn't a lot of information available on this.

Do any of you out there use this feature, and if so, could you please send me a couple of screen shots of the interface? I'm trying to choose between spending a ton on third-party gears and joysticks or just setting up a touch-screen monitor and the Sony wifi adapters in order to control the lenses on these cameras. The wifi idea seems pretty attractive, but I'd like to at least see a sample of what it'd look like on my screen if I go that route.

(This is where I'm hoping that the blessing of having Ian Cook on this forum saves the day)

Thanks!

Clint

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Screen shots of PMW200/300 control over WiFi/web? (Ian?)
on Jul 11, 2013 at 6:01:58 pm

Hi Clint--

Here you go...

Lens page:

White Balance page:

Playback/transport control page:

Basic Wifi setup for Peer to Peer connection with iOS device. First select the camera's SSID from the network list, then click on that network and assign the iPad/iPhone a static IP in the same range as the camera:

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jul 11, 2013 at 6:43:24 pm

Oh, that looks pretty cool. I'm thinking of getting like a 23" touch display and operating these cameras using that. It looks like things would work very intuitively in that regard.

Thanks, as always! You're a tremendous resource and I'm glad you're here.

Cf

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jul 11, 2013 at 7:06:06 pm

Happy to help.. It's a very easy tool to use. It runs off a web application on the camera so you access by typing the camera's IP address into the URL field of any web browser. No separate app is required.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]