FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kernal Panic installing SxS driver

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Jordan
Kernal Panic installing SxS driver
on Jun 14, 2013 at 7:14:36 pm

We just bought a PMW-200, and I was trying to install the SXS device driver on my Mac Pro. When it attempted to restart, I got a kernal panic. I was unable to get the computer to start at all without another kernal panic. I finally used time machine to restore the computer to before I attempted the driver install. Does anyone know why this may have happened? I'm leery of trying it again, but I need the drivers to access the media.

My computer is a MacPro 5,1, 2x2.4ghz 6-core Xeon, 16gm RAM, running OS 10.7.5. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Kernal Panic installing SxS driver
on Jun 14, 2013 at 7:23:40 pm

You don't need the SxS device driver. It is only required when reading cards in from the Express card slot on a laptop or when using Thunderbolt adaptors. You only need the UDF file system driver if you are reading cards in via the camera or an external USB card reader.

Return to posts index

Mitch Jordan
on Jun 14, 2013 at 7:27:57 pm

I also bought a SBAC-US20 card reader that I'm going to use through USB 3.0. (I've got a USB 3.0 PCI card that I'm installing). Do I need ths SxS driver for that?

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jun 16, 2013 at 2:44:39 am

I use the USB3 reader without the Devices driver without problems,I have just the UDF driver as Ian suggests.. all works fine.. I would recommend Content browser software for your down loads and preview.
CB version 1 is free and fine for XDCAM.. CB version 2 enables you to work with the F5/FF codecs too ..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]