FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Explain it to me like I'm 5: EX-1 Footage and FCP 7/X

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Williams
Please Explain it to me like I'm 5: EX-1 Footage and FCP 7/X
on Jun 14, 2013 at 2:28:26 pm

Thank you Maestro in advance.

So, I have some EX-1 footage I need to ingest into BOTH FCP 7.0.3 and FCP X 1.0.8.

I downloaded the clip browser and Sony's PDZK-LT1A2 (for fcp 7) and PDZK-LT2 (for fcp x)

Now, FCP 7 does not recognize that it has the XDCAM transfer in its ProApp library and FCP X is doing all sorts of weird stuff (namely, I have all my project and event files on a 1tB 7200rpm thunderbolt external and when FCP X boots, it recognizes those folders for a moment and then "ejects" the drive, losing its connectivity to the drive/folders/events/projects. That, however, is a post for another forum)

Am I doing something wrong here? Please help.

Machine specs:

MBP 2.7GHz i7
OS X 10.8.3
16GB DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024MB

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Please Explain it to me like I'm 5: EX-1 Footage and FCP 7/X
on Jun 14, 2013 at 3:32:15 pm

FCP 7: use Content Browser or XDCAM Transfer in plug-in mode. Select File-->Import-->Sony XDCAM or Sony Content Browser. In CB, right/control click on your clip(s)-->Import into FCP. Files will be rewrapped to .mov in the native XD codec and stored wherever Transfer/Browser are set in their Prefs to store the files.

FCP X: Use the Sony Media Import plugin and import using the Import Media (formerly 'Import From Camera') utility. In X this is all done within the application, i.e. our plugin adds back-end support and doesn't open a separate plug-in browser. Open the Media Import window, point to your card or archive, select clips and import.

You can also use Content Browser to import EX files into X but because the FCP X architecture is different you don't open CB from within X. In the CB preferences under the FCP tab, make sure the FCP version selection is set to 'X'. Then open X, go back to CB and import your files using the same 'Import to FCP' command.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/pdzk-lt2
https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/campaign/contentbrowser

Return to posts index

Joe Williams
Re: Please Explain it to me like I'm 5: EX-1 Footage and FCP 7/X
on Jun 14, 2013 at 3:44:56 pm

Thank You. I will report my success as soon as I have my other problems figured out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]