FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting up Sony XDCam EX for live feed at event w/ projectors

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Duchesne
Setting up Sony XDCam EX for live feed at event w/ projectors
on Jun 3, 2013 at 7:31:00 pm

Hi,
I seem to be a little predicament. I am currently in charge of the audio/visuals at a corporate event and wish to set up two projectors and my XDCam EX to record the event. I have many videos to show throughout the event and wish to switch between showing the videos and showing the stage through the camera on the projectors seamlessly. All I know is I can use an HDMI-out cable and hook it into my computer. I would like to see what the camera is seeing live and show it through the projectors so everyone has a clear view of the speaker, record the event, and be able to switch to videos throughout the event seamlessly.

I was planning on using a 2012 iMac with two thunderbolt ports to do the job, although my company has many other computers at its disposal I could use.

So my question is, is it possible to do all this through just the iMac? What is the recommended software to use for this kind of setup? And since both thunderbolt ports would be occupied by the two projector connections, are their splitters out there that can support two 1080p streams through one thunderbolt? (The videos I'd show would be in 1080p, the stream from the XDCam can just be bumped down to 720p). This is what I had in mind for the event, and it's quite aways away and I'm trying to figure everything out. Is what I have in mind possible? I'm not entirely sure, I hope it is with just an iMac. To anyone who has done this kind of thing before I would greatly appreciate some help and tips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]