FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another EX1 Firewire Issue...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Bruffey
Another EX1 Firewire Issue...
on May 31, 2013 at 4:49:06 pm

I've read quite a few threads over the past few days but I'm still unable to connect my EX1 to my PC. Since it connects to my friend's Mac notebook through Ustream without any issue, I know the camera's configured properly.

My PC is running Windows 7 64-bit with 16 GBs of RAM and an i7-3960X CPU overclocked and stable to 4.4 GHz. I have three GPUs (a Quadro 4000 and two GTX 680s) so the system is pretty perky (it was built to Davinci Resolve specs). All that having been said, I can't get the system to see the EX1 via firewire at all...either through Ustream or Livestream (I can't get the camera recognized as a capture device in Vegas 12, either). The camera is running firmware 1.25

I know my firewire card works fine as I have no issues with harddrives plugged into it.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Another EX1 Firewire Issue...
on May 31, 2013 at 5:44:38 pm

this comes up a LOT and the most common culprit is the rec mode. you have to be in an SP 1440 record mode for anything to be output via the firewire. the camera will not downconvert 35 Mb to 25 Mb. you also need to enable the i.LINK in the menu and disable the SDI. if you are sure you are seeing it on another system it is probably not any of these but based on how often this comes up i feel compelled to mention it..

the other common culprit is the Windows firewire driver. try going into Device Manager and loading the legacy driver instead. you need to first 'uninstall' the W7 driver from DM, then when asked what driver you want to use select the option to 'choose from a list' and select the 'Legacy' driver. if this doesn't do it you can always revert back to the W7 driver as you aren't really uninstalling anything when you do this from DM.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]