FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't import XDCAM mpg4 files into any Sony app

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Tersløv
Can't import XDCAM mpg4 files into any Sony app
on May 24, 2013 at 12:18:15 pm

Hi :o)

I'm strugling with rewrapping XDCAM .mp4 to .mov so I can use the original video files in DaVinci Resolve.

The video files have been shot with an Sony EX1, and they have been transferred to the native HD on a new iMac 27"" running 10.8.3.

I have tried all Sony's XDCAM app's I could find (Transfer, Browser, ContentBrowser1.1, Drive, ClipBrowser) but none of them can import the clips, either they says "failed to import" or just nothing happens..

The video clips aren't corrupted, they can be viewed in VLC, and the works fine in Premiere and Adobe Media Encoder.

Does anybody have a good suggestion to what i can try to fix the problem? Your help will be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Christian

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Can't import XDCAM mpg4 files into any Sony app
on May 26, 2013 at 4:15:36 am

The Sony transfer applications are programmed to search for the original folder that the XDCAM EX cameras generate when clips are recorded. This folder is called the BPAV and it must remain unaltered for the apps to see the MP4 files within the BPAV folder. These applications are not able to see individual MP4 files unless you choose to use the "Import MP4" command to look for individual files.

Normally, as soon as any of these apps finds an unaltered BPAV folder they will immediately display thumbnails of all the indiviual clips contained within. So as you can see, copying individual MP4 files from the BPAV folder is the wrong way to transcode MP4 clips to MOV files, plus it's a lot of extra work that is not needed.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Christian Tersløv
Re: Can't import XDCAM mpg4 files into any Sony app
on May 29, 2013 at 7:04:40 am

Thanks Don

I will test it as soon as I find the time, and then report back :o)

Kind regards,
Christian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]