FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 S video to monitor

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bansemer
EX3 S video to monitor
on Apr 26, 2013 at 3:55:08 pm

I just purchased a new EX3 and want to use my 7" monitor and the S video cable on the EX3 to view live what I'm shooting in that monitor.
But I can't get a picture in the monitor.
in my camera settings I have I-link turned on.
I also have the "video display out" set to on.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me.
Thanks
Roger

Roger Bansemer

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX3 S video to monitor
on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:39:00 pm

I believe S-video is only Standard Def, so I think you need to setup the format for SD to use your S-video monitor.
Display ON sends out the same display for menu and camera setting to an external monitor, I-link ON sends out DV or HDV signals.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:08:02 pm

Sorry for being behind the curve on this but I don't quite understand. Is there a way to set up the EX3 so the external monitor can be seen in SD when the camera films in HD?
Thanks Michael.

Roger Bansemer

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Apr 26, 2013 at 9:54:12 pm

Can you not use the SDI out to view in HD? Or is it only an SD picture that you want?

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Roger Bansemer
on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:34:51 am

I don't care at all if it's SD or HD. I just want to record in HD and view it in my 7" external monitor so I can get an idea of what I'm filming.
It's for our program in which I do a painting demonstration. I have the camera tight in on my painting and I need a monitor beside me to make sure that I am not covering the painting with my shoulder or head as I paint.
I use to use my Z1U perfectly with the monitor but can't seem to figure it out with my new EX3.
http://www.paintingandtravel.com - That's the website to our show.

Roger Bansemer

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 28, 2013 at 5:06:42 pm

Hey Roger nice work with your show, very enjoyable. Did you find out how to spit out SD and record HD? I don't think it is possible.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:32:53 pm

I don't think so, you can answer this question by setting the format to SD and see if the S-video port give a signal to your monitor. My EX3 is out with a friend or I would have checked myself.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Bob Mark
on Apr 28, 2013 at 2:49:13 pm

I don't know about the EX3, but on the EX1, I believe S-video is only available in HDV mode. So, you would need to use CAV or composite out in HD mode for analog output. Composite out is a dog.

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]