FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX3 / Completely failing to turn On / boot up --only shows "XDCAM EX" startup name in VF

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Garrison
Sony EX3 / Completely failing to turn On / boot up --only shows "XDCAM EX" startup name in VF
on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:10:14 pm

Hi all -- just turned on my EX3 and it's continuously just giving me the XDCAM EX welcome screen in the VF and is not transitioning after a few seconds to Cam or Media mode. I've tried both. And when I hit the power switch between modes, the XDCAM EX moniker doesn't go away. Bad power switch, maybe?

Is there a way to Re-boot at EX3? I've removed the batteries (U30 and U60) and reattached...but doesn't reboot the camera, or change the situation.

Thoughts? Help!
Mike

Return to posts index

Mike Garrison
Re: Sony EX3 / Completely failing to turn On / boot up --only shows "XDCAM EX" startup name in VF
on Apr 18, 2013 at 2:28:02 pm

Hi all- if you have specific ideas, please let me know. But I just talked to Sony support and sounds like I'll need to ship the cam in, and Sony will re-flash the firmware or some other such. Any other thoughts/I've-seen-this-before-and... please send em my way. Best, Mike

Return to posts index

Jw van der Vlies
Re: Sony EX3 / Completely failing to turn On / boot up --only shows "XDCAM EX" startup name in VF
on Apr 18, 2013 at 8:20:38 pm

It's a long shot... but same thing happening when it's powered via the socket (no batteries)? Or via a swit battery?

Jw.

Return to posts index

Ralston Humble
on Jan 28, 2014 at 7:07:54 pm

did you get this sported out in the end .. the exact same thing has happemnd top both my ex3's in one week!!! they have both stopped booting up arhrhrhr

any info on how you fixed them ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]