FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio out of sync after ingest

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo Mastrangelo
Audio out of sync after ingest
on Apr 16, 2013 at 10:06:23 pm

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time posting, I believe!

I am experiencing a new problem with my Sony XDCAM reader or tapes. After ingest, the audio is almost immediately out of sync. This has occurred with the last 3 tapes I've ingested. If I adjust the audio track to match the video, it quickly goes out of sync again a moment or two later. Not having been formally trained or educated with these matters, I'm just not sure how to solve this problem and research here and elsewhere doesnt seem to address this issue.

I'm not sure what kind of details I should provide here to help better trouble shoot the issue, but I am hoping someone more knowledgeable than me can offer some assistance.

Thank you for your time and any assistance,
Paolo

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Audio out of sync after ingest
on Apr 17, 2013 at 1:56:19 pm

How are you ingesting and into what NLE? Are you using the latest version of Transfer or Browser, or are you ingesting via AMA into Avid? If you play the clips in Browser with their original .mxf/.mp4 wrapper, is the audio in sync?

Return to posts index

Paolo Mastrangelo
on Apr 17, 2013 at 2:21:25 pm

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your response! I am ingesting the tapes into Final Cut 7 via Log & Capture, from a SONY XDCAM reader. I believe I am using latest versions of Transfer and Browser. But not sure what you are referring to there, nor when you note NLE.

The audio is not in sync when I play in my broswer in FC, but is in sync when I watch tape in XDCAM reader.

What other information can I provide to help trouble shoot?

Paolo

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Apr 17, 2013 at 2:43:48 pm

Trash FCP 7's preference files and see if that solves your audio sync issues. When the program starts acting strangely trashing preferences is the first thing to try. If you don't know which files to trash or where they're located there's a free program available that will do it for you at digitalrebellion.com. It's called Preference Manager.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Paolo Mastrangelo
on Apr 17, 2013 at 2:45:52 pm

Thank you for your response Don!

I did try that already, after having seen that solution suggested here in another forum. That did not solve the problem.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your time and assistance,
Paolo

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 17, 2013 at 3:03:35 pm

are you doing this via Log and Capture (as with tape) in real time? what if you use one of our plugins and ingest the video file based? with tape-style ingest you are at the mercy of a lot of other variables; slow drives, for example, can cause out of sync audio. to do file based ingest you would need the driver for your device and also one of our applications. the drivers are at http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads. the plugin can be found at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/campaign/contentbrowser

1. Launch Browser from within FCP, File-->Import-->Sony Content Browser
2. Set FCP Preference tab to FCP7 (toggles between 7/X)
3. Select clip(s), control click, Send to FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]