FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quick conversion for 'instant' playback

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Milner
Quick conversion for 'instant' playback
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:34:57 am

Hi everyone.
This has been killing me for the last week!
So basically Im shooting interviews (iv's) that need to be quickly imported back onto a laptop and then put into iTunes for viewing on an apple TV system. Unfortunately the PDW700 shoots in .MXF format and I need to convert the files into iTunes playable .MOV format. My initial thought was live capture straight into Avid, FCP or alike and capture the input as a .MOV however as far as im aware live capture from the PDW700 is impossible. If anyone knows otherwise of a way to live capture with this camera, I would be eternally grateful!
The second option is hooking the camera up to the laptop after shooting the iv's and using the XDcam transfer programme to quickly convert to a .MOV. Given the Interviews are only a few minutes the transfer only takes two minutes or so. Unfortunately the down side is although they are converted to .MOV files they wont play through iTunes and on to the Apple TV. If anyone knows a way to make these files playable or even why they aren't playing on the Apple TV that would be such a massive help. Likewise if anyone knows of another programme to quickly convert .MXF to .MOV that would be great. The iv's are roughly 4 minutes, however unfortunately the conversion of the file also needs to only take a few minutes, which it makes it harder still!
Thanks for all your help and advice :-)
Matt"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]