FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony F55 Dead Pixel

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Sidoti
Sony F55 Dead Pixel
on Apr 14, 2013 at 1:38:11 pm

So I have a team out shooting on location with the F55 and Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 and they have discovered a few "dead pixels" in their images. We've black balanced several times, but I was wondering if anyone has had any issues with this too and how they fixed it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Sony F55
on Apr 14, 2013 at 3:07:44 pm

This is a very serious statement. Are you sure it is not the lens causing this issue. I own the f55 and I have not had any issues.
Can you post a screen grab?

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Peter Richardson
on Apr 15, 2013 at 4:22:12 am

Hi Michael,

I am the director on this shoot. It is indeed dead pixel(s).

We had one when we left the shoot which was brought to our attention by a colorist doing some tests on the first footage from the camera. We black balanced and the dead pixel was masked. We then had three more show up. Black balanced and then gone. Yesterday in the field we had another appear. Did the same and it was masked. So it could be a bad sensor and I'm guessing the camera will need to be sent in.

Peter

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Apr 15, 2013 at 1:55:26 pm

You said you have a zoom lens on it, can you see at all focal lengths? Can you post what you are seeing?Also what format (4k or HD) is this happenin withg? And what is your serial number on the bottom of the camera?

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Benjamin Sidoti
on Apr 15, 2013 at 1:55:49 pm

Thanks, Michael. Yes, it could be serious, and that's why I wanted to check in to see if anyone else is having these issues and if they found a solution.

They are in the field right now, so I can't provide much more info except for what Peter discuessed, but as soon as we can get the camera back in house or more info, I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]