FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error message while import to premier 6

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shaul Gan-Mor
Error message while import to premier 6
on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:16:49 am

Hi All,

While transferring files through the media browser, I get the following message:"unsupported format or damaged file". Premier is updated, and with Pr5.5 I had no difficulties.
I have to note that while opening a new project I don't have the option XDCAM EX as before.
What do I miss?

Thanks
Shaul

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Error message while import to premier 6
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:42:41 pm

Check the file in Browser or one of our apps. If you continue to have trouble importing try using Browser to re-wrap to .mxf (using the 1st MXF option in the Export list, 'MXF for NLE', NOT the others, which are transcodes)

Return to posts index

Shaul Gan-Mor
on Apr 1, 2013 at 5:29:44 pm

Thanks Ian,
The file in the browser is OK. While importing 'MXF for NLE',I get the error message: "The importer reported a generic error"
I don't know what do you mean by "re-wrap" it. I just exported it to temp folder and imported to PP.
Any idea?
Thanks
Shaul

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 1, 2013 at 5:40:08 pm

There may be a problem with the video portion of the file.

Try using the 'MXF for XDCAM HD 422' option. This works in demo mode unless you buy a serial #. I'm not telling you to buy the option (yet) but you can still test with the demo/watermarked file. If the file is ok after a transcode at least you know you have an 'out'.

This is assuming the problem is with the file itself and that the issue is not with Premiere, which it very well may be. If you can test on another Premiere system or even using another NLE on that machine, you should try and do so. One thing that comes to mind is the free version of Davinci Resolve, which can convert to pretty much anything.. Or the trial version of FCP X.

Return to posts index

Shaul Gan-Mor
on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:40:51 pm

Thanks. But how do you explain that in PP5.5 by opening a new project I could choose XDCAM EX and now I don't have this option?Here to my mind is the problem.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 1, 2013 at 8:51:35 pm

Don't know for sure. Sounds like the presets or something else may have gotten corrupted or lost. You should reinstall the app if possible.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]