FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS Pro+ and SxS-1 Cards not reading in Mac Pro?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Misny
SxS Pro+ and SxS-1 Cards not reading in Mac Pro?
on Mar 31, 2013 at 7:54:40 pm

Hi all --

Just purchased a F55 package and I'm having trouble getting my Mac Pro to recognize the 128 GB Sony SxS Pro+ card (note the Plus) or the 64 GB SxS-1 card.

The error message is: "Disk Insertion: The Disk you inserted is not readable by this computer". I am using a USB 2.0 Sony SxS Card reader US10. I tried downloading upgraded device driver from the Sony SxS support site as well as the UDF driver and that did not help. I've had no problem in the past reading standard SxS Pro cards...

Here are the specs for my Mac Pro:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: SxS Pro+ and SxS-1 Cards not reading in Mac Pro?
on Apr 1, 2013 at 2:35:04 pm

You only need the SxS Device Driver if you are using the built-in E-card slot on a laptop. Are you reading the Pro+ card in the older US10 reader?

Return to posts index

Thomas Misny
on Apr 1, 2013 at 3:25:24 pm

I using the US10 SxS card reader. Is this not compatible with the SxS Pro+ cards?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 1, 2013 at 3:40:37 pm

correct, the US20 is backwards compatible but Pro+ cards can't be read in the US10

Return to posts index

Thomas Misny
on Apr 1, 2013 at 3:44:22 pm

That's great to know, thanks. However I am also having the same problem with SxS-1 cards in this US10 reader. Should those cards work in this reader or would I need the US20 for SxS-1 as well?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:40:25 pm

The US10 should accept SxS Pro, SxS-1 or SxS-1A. Do you have another machine to check these on?

Return to posts index

Thomas Misny
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:41:27 am

I tried the SxS-1 card on a different Powerbook Mac laptop, upgraded the SxS driver on that computer and the same error happened. I don't think the card is damaged because I purchased several new cards a few days ago and they all have the same error message..

So I know it's not the Sony USB card reader (I have tried 2 different readers)
The problem happens on different SxS-1 cards, so it's not the card and the cards play back fine on camera.
It happens on different machines, each of which have the new SxS driver on there, and the previous version was uninstalled.
Both machines match system requirements of the SxS-1 cards...

I am extremely stumped... what is going on?

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:38:49 am

You dont need the device driver if your using a Sony card reader.. only the UDF driver.. if you have the latest it should work.. I have trouble about a year ago with 64GB cards not mounting using exp card slot,which was a sony software problem with mac,s only.. but I believe that been sorted..
I would recommend the USB3 reader for UDF footage anyway.. USB2 takes too long..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]