FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting with EX1 at 25FPS?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Shooting with EX1 at 25FPS?
on Mar 1, 2013 at 12:41:27 am

We're shooting some interviews for a client in the UK. We're a US based company. They want it shot at 25FPS to match the interviews that they shot in the UK. Can this be done with the EX1? If so, do I just shoot in PAL?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jw van der Vlies
Re: Shooting with EX1 at 25FPS?
on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:32:42 am

Yeah that can be done. Set the cam on PAL and then on the correct format 108025P, 108050i or what you want. At least this can be done with EX1r but I thought also EX1

Jw.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Mar 1, 2013 at 2:03:21 pm

Can anyone else confirm this for the EX1? Can I monitor this on a NTSC monitor? Is there any issue with light flickering?

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 1, 2013 at 3:20:20 pm

I have been shooting on my EX 1 here in the UK at 1920 X 1080i at 25 fps for years. Haven't shot progressive though. You would have to set the camera to PAL. Monitor might be a problem but I imagine most pro monitors would show both but I don't know that.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
on Mar 1, 2013 at 6:00:41 pm

Thanks Michael, but I want to confirm that I can shoot PAL on a camera purchased here in the US. I'm sure all cameras purchased in the UK shoot PAL. Why wouldn't it shoot progressive?

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Mar 2, 2013 at 1:22:44 pm

Do you have the camera with you.. or down load a manual.. see if there is any where in the menu to change from NTSC to PAL..
UK is 50Hz so PAL wont give you any flicker at 25p... any decent pro monitor should be NTSC/PAL.. if not I,d buy a better monitor or just rent one..
UK is also 240V so if you bring lights with 110V bulbs they will blow up.. ! bring some 240V ones

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]