FORUMS: list search recent posts

OS 10.8.2 and XDCAM Transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Slowe
OS 10.8.2 and XDCAM Transfer
on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:53:00 pm

I've been using the old Transfer to import my clips with no problem with OS 10.6.7. I've just upgraded (?) to OS 10.8.2 and the Transfer will only see the clips when the MacPro is connected directly to the EX 1 camera. When I connect the computer to a hard drive to which I transferred the clips (BPAV file complete as usual) Transfer can't see them.

Anyone got any ideas what's happening? Presumably the new OS does not support the old Sony XDCAM Transfer?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: OS 10.8.2 and XDCAM Transfer
on Feb 28, 2013 at 11:19:23 pm

You should be using Browser with Mountain Lion. That said, I'm surprised that it will see cards but not stored disc images.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:23:18 pm

Ian, I have been trying to download the new version of ConentBrowser V 2 but they are asking for some numbers that neither I or my suppliers of my camera have. Apparently Sony are now asking for payment for this new software which of course replaces the free Transfer and Browser that came with the cameras. This is amazing, we have to have this software if working with Mountain Lion and Sony have always said that software necessary for the operation of these cameras is free on download.

Do you have any comment on this? I can always go back to OS 10.6.7 and continue using Transfer but going back is never a good idea.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 1, 2013 at 4:40:41 pm

Download V 1.1, it does not require a serial. V2 requires a serial that currently ships with the new F5/F55 cameras. You don't need V2 unless you are doing XAVC or RAW.

Return to posts index

Martin Phillips
on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:23:49 am

Hi Michael , I had this problem with Transfer too when I upgraded to ML. I found re- downloading it and reinstalling fixed it and has been working fine since. Btw thanks for the heads up re TopTeks a couple of months back. Found them very helpful.

Martin Phillips Freelance Cameraman / Producer / Editor
Chesham, Buckinghamshire, UK. http://www.videodvdmaker.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]