FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip is on SD card but wont import to XDCAM

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eve Myhill
Clip is on SD card but wont import to XDCAM
on Feb 28, 2013 at 10:19:33 pm

Hi There (aghh panic stations!!!)

I filmed 102 clips on the sony ex3 yesterday. They were small clips and all fit onto the same sxs card.

Whilst importing into XDCAM they all but one clip (the most important - the only interview) appear in the viewer. Ie clip 18, 19, 21, 22 and so on.

The clip is present when looking at the clips taken in the camera on media playback mode.

I can find the clip in its xml / mp4 state on the card via finder and open and play in VLC but nothing else (tried streaming an export as a last ditch attempt - no dice)- mpeg / handbrake/compressor xdcam etc say it cant be read

I have dumped the raw unconverted files to hard-drive and then tried importing and converting in xdcam that way, but clip 20 is still missing.

It seems corrupted? If you guys have any advice on how to repair, re-link or generally make it better you will definitely be on my christmas card list.

Return to posts index

Jw van der Vlies
Re: Clip is on SD card but wont import to XDCAM
on Mar 1, 2013 at 9:54:10 am

is it the last clip you shot? It is maybe possible (especially when it's a long interview) that the clip is written on two cards and that the other card (BPAV folder) is needed for the full clip? I know it's a long shot (in guessing :-) ) but it's maybe possible. You sure the extension is .mp4 or .smi ?

Jw.

Return to posts index

Eve Myhill
on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:48:35 am

Hi Thanks so much for the responce.

Strangely it was int he middle, none of the usual suspects were responsible. However on the upside I sorted it this mroning.

I copied and pasted that clips file directory and then pasted it into it own folder, then imported it into XDCam and it worked! Hurrah, maybe the cirectory was corrupted. Either way thanks for the reply.

Have a great day, I know i will now : )

Happy Friday

Return to posts index

Jw van der Vlies
on Mar 1, 2013 at 1:31:52 pm

Ok very good! Enjoy the day!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]