FORUMS: list search recent posts

Question for Ian

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
Question for Ian
on Feb 22, 2013 at 8:16:46 am

Hi Ian..

The Sony Micro site,(which says up dated July 2012).. doesnt have the newest SXS UDF driver for mac. although its been out for a while and I down loaded it from another Sony site you posted a link to..

Is there a Sony site that is regularly updated to have all the latest XDCAM software.. ..7 months is a while.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Question for Ian
on Feb 22, 2013 at 3:39:51 pm

the up to date UDF driver is on the Sony Creative Software site:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/sxsudfdriver

The latest device driver is on the pro media site:

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/mkt-recmedia/resource.downloads.bbsccms-assets...

I know this is wonky; we are in the process of getting everything centralized on/redirected from the main XDCAM site but are a bit behind due to NAB prep and other factors

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Feb 23, 2013 at 12:40:23 am

Hi Ian

Sorry didnt mean the tone of my original post to be a criticism at all.And you have personally helped me and alot of others on this forum..
Actually Im surprised that you guys are even in charge of having to do it.. I thought there would be someone /another dept. who would be in charge of up dating the software sites..!!!
Im not using the device driver anymore as new computer doesnt have exp card slot.. got the USB3 card reader but still need the UDF driver ..
I can just update over the previous UDF driver,rather than having to take out the old one.cant I.. ?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 25, 2013 at 2:33:49 pm

No worries, Robin-- if anything I share the frustration over the whole multiple-software-sites thing. It's only temporary until we get all the redirects worked out. Thanks for hanging in there.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Feb 25, 2013 at 10:50:57 pm

Ok great thanks.. Im pretty sure you already told me.. but its safe to just up date UDF driver over the old one isnt it.. or better to take it out of extensions first anyway..

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 26, 2013 at 2:57:19 pm

you can install without removing the old one, no inherent risk

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Feb 27, 2013 at 12:08:23 am

Hi Ian

Ok thanks sir ..