FORUMS: list search recent posts

new fs-700 or used f3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Domsic
new fs-700 or used f3
on Feb 19, 2013 at 10:04:14 pm

just wondering what some of you think would be a better buy right now, a used f3 or new fs-700. Both seem to be going for relatively the same price 8,000 US dollars ( f3 can be found for almost 1500 less in some of the ebay auctions ive seen). Anyway this would be used mostly for weddings, local spots and corporate pieces. Just figured id ask around before making a purchase, or if there is another choice in that price range, either is a huge step up for me. If there already is a thread debating this please post a link.

Thanks,

Brian

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: new fs-700 or used f3
on Feb 19, 2013 at 10:30:11 pm

You can't go wrong with the F3, and now is the best time to invest in a used one because those that have them want to reinvest into the F5 or F55. I'm currently marketing my F3 and like mine a used one would most likely come with extra batteries, S-log key upgrade and possibly the Berkey Plates hardware or more.
If you want more info about my F3 package contact me offline.

Mike@racefan.tv

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Bob Donnelly
Re: new fs-700 or used f3
on Feb 20, 2013 at 7:08:41 pm

IMHO the F3 makes a much better looking image. Plus with the S-Log option (extra) the camera is expandable into a system that (with an external recorder) can rival the Arri Alexa is sheer picture quality.

Bob Donnelly
Owner/President
North American Camera, LLC
http://www.nacamera.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]