FORUMS: list search recent posts

xdcam compression

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pam panther
xdcam compression
on Jan 23, 2013 at 2:21:35 am

Hi, i shooted a shortfilm with a Sony XDCAM EX3, during the color correction process (using the SCRATCH software) i'm having some color banding problems....the film was shooted on color but we are desaturating it to make it black and white.

This color banding affects mostly the dark grey and the shadow areas (even well exposed), it appears when we try to make the grey tones darker.

this is an example of the banding effect, look at the clouds, the image has a darker color correction treatment.

I think is a compressing problem, but we have already export twice the clip from the metadata folder.

what can I do ?

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: xdcam compression
on Jan 23, 2013 at 9:50:29 pm

[pam panther] "what can I do ?"

First of all, you could try to go through your colour correction process with different software to see if it the banding issue persists. If the different software returns a different or better result then the problem lies with your original editing software and not the media. I can't suggest anything else for you to try without providing more information about your computer platform, OS version etc. I can't even suggest alternate software because Scratch programing is available for both Mac and Windows.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]