FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1 Cannot proceed (Histogram)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Mulder
Sony EX1 Cannot proceed (Histogram)
on Jan 21, 2013 at 3:26:23 pm

Hello,

I'm curious, ... does anyone know when I press the 'Histogram' button on my EX1, the display shows 'cannot proceed'?

No, it's not the 'Direct Menu', cause that one is set to 'Part' and only disallows gain etc.
I even recalled the camera data, so the camera is in our default mode, which normally lets me use the Histogram-function. I checked with another EX1, which did not have this problem.....

Finally I did an 'All reset' and again read my camera data into the EX1...... now I have my Histogram back ......

....but why couldn't I get it in the first place?
Cheers

Return to posts index

Jim Vlies
Re: Sony EX1 Cannot proceed (Histogram)
on Jan 21, 2013 at 4:01:33 pm

I don't know, with my ex1r, I cannot see histogram in SD mode. but on EX1 i don't know. so sorry for the not very helpful response :-)

Return to posts index

Frank Mulder
on Jan 22, 2013 at 6:50:01 am

That's no problem Jim. You not being helpful was actually .... quite helpful ;-)

In the menu (submenu display On/Off) the Histogram option was greyed out. So even there it was not possible to activate the histogram.

I did not mention that I had this problem on the EX1r (and I compared it with a different camera .... yep an EX1).

What I did not expect was that when I re-entered the config from a card, the SD/HD mode is not being reset. I assumed that everything would be back to our basic settings.

The camjo-colleague told me he had shot in HD (for his TV-monitor he was using during edit could only show SD and thus he could not use that device). But I guess he must have played around in the menu and set it to SD. He told me though that he did not alter the menu ... only the output was set to SDI.

Well, now I know that he was not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. (may God help him, when I see him ;-))

Return to posts index

Jim Vlies
on Jan 22, 2013 at 8:18:44 am

Ok. Very good! Good start of my day! Thnx.

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
on Jan 22, 2013 at 1:55:43 am

The histogram button can be assigned to another function in the OTHERS menu, such as "rec review" or "last clip delete." You may have had it assigned to a function that could not be performed. All reset would have restored the default assignments.

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; nanoFLASH; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

Frank Mulder
on Jan 22, 2013 at 6:39:33 am

Thanks for replying David. Your suggestion though could not have been the cause, for I had re-entered our templateconfig from a card we use.

In the menu (submenu display On/Off) the Histogram option was greyed out. So even there it was not possible to activate the histogram.

It was Jim's suggestion that did the trick.
Thanks anyway for replying.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]