FORUMS: list search recent posts

wifi with PMW500

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robin Probyn
wifi with PMW500
on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:08:06 pm

I buy the wifi adaptor .. plug it in.. then what is the "key" procedure with the 500.. I read its different with the disc 700/800..

Then I can down load ..(something) pilot to my iphone and get a live feed.. is that right or missing something here..

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: wifi with PMW500
on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:22:44 pm

You need the CBKUPG01 hardware key to activate the wifi.

You can use the XMPilot tool on iOS devices or Sony Experia phones to stream proxy and perform live logging/metadata entry. You can also do this from a laptop using Content Browser (though you need the Advanced Pack option)..

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:30:19 pm

Ok thanks.. how does that key actually work then.. couldnt find any info on it on line.. is there an idiots guide .. is it a board that goes inside the camera..? what is it.. ?

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:36:41 pm

It's a small hardware dongle. It will come with installation instructions.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:45:45 pm

ok thanks.. and that comes with the wifi set.. or is part of it.. only pictures i can find is the wifi transmitter with USB cable..? and what looks like a holder..

thanks re the proxy file ..

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:47:04 pm

again, it's just a dongle, not much to see. it comes separately and mounts internally. the wifi adaptor mounts on the outside near the handle.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Jan 14, 2013 at 3:01:47 pm

Is the mounting internally a job to be done by Sony tech,s.. ? dont know if I want to venture in there with hammer and chisel ..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]