FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching EX1, EX1r, EX3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
Matching EX1, EX1r, EX3
on Jan 3, 2013 at 3:54:54 pm

I'm shooting a green screen "talk show" setup next week. I have two EX1r's, and cannot seem to find a third.

I could rent an EX3 or an EX1. Would there be any problem with matching the EX1 or EX3 to the EX1r's?

I'm planning to use a Picture Profile that is optimized for green screen shooting.

(And if you're reading this in the Baltimore-Washington area, and rent out your EX1r, please let me know!)

Thanks!

Bob C

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: Matching EX1, EX1r, EX3
on Jan 3, 2013 at 4:14:51 pm

From experience..as I own a EX-3, you can not use a card to match these cameras...as in EX-1R or 1 to EX-3. You have to sit there and manually input the settings for the two to match. I would go with the EX-1 as the set up card that has the picture profile on it, should read the same for both cameras. I don't know why Sony won't let the EX-3 and EX-1 or 1R "talk" to each other....HTH

Bill Griffin
http://www.dallascamguy.com

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jan 3, 2013 at 5:09:38 pm

I would try to move the profile you like from camera to camera.
If it doesn't work It must have something to do with firmware versions as these cameras have exactly the same sensors and matrix setting.

You may just find white balancing from the same spot on the set to get them close.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Feb 28, 2013 at 3:07:05 am

Thanks very much. Your answers were great. In the actual event, I was able to get three EX1R's, and there was so much to do at the last minute that I just set the white balance to tungsten, and manually copied the Picture Profile from camera to camera; it looked fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]