FORUMS: list search recent posts

How Can I Only Proxy Files?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Hogan
How Can I Only Proxy Files?
on Dec 17, 2012 at 6:53:53 pm

Hello,

I am having a hard time viewing the proxy files. I extracted just the proxy files for transfer to a data DVD.

Here is my dilemma:

Our producer goes out into the field and shoots on XDCAM (either an optical disc or to an SxS card that is transfered to an external hard drive) and returns with his media. I pulled the proxies from the proxy folder and burned them to a data DVD. For whatever reason, I am unable to view these proxy files using Sony XDCAM EX Browser. I can view these proxy files when they are in their folder structure along side the full-res files, but I can't simply navigate to the individual proxy file. I was able to do this using the Sony PDZ software.

Anyone know how I can extract just the proxies so I can burn them to a data DVD? We don't have the ability to use external drives so my data limit is 4.7 GB.

Thank you!

Henry

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: How Can I Only Proxy Files?
on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:23:41 pm

You can use VLC to view the proxies. Proxies can only be viewed in XDCAM Browser or Content Browser if you have a whole disc image copied from/recorded to a USB thumb drive from the camera. Or, if they are running Windows, they can download either PDZ1 (which comes bundled with a standalone proxy viewer) or the VX10 .mxf viewer, which plays both hi-res and proxy. http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads . Note that they are discontinued and will be found under 'Legacy Applications.' They are qualified up through W7.

Return to posts index

Henry Hogan
Re: How Can I Only Proxy Files?
on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:32:35 pm

Great -- thanks, Ian!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]