FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting green screen

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nitin kulkarni
Shooting green screen
on Dec 6, 2012 at 9:19:24 am

hi,

i want to shoot highly professional green screen video. i am confused between shooting on Canon 5D Mark iii and sony pmw 500 Xdcam hd 422. i want to use 5D but am not sure about its recording format. with H.264 and 4:2:0 will be able to pull of better key? or should i go with sony 500 whhic records 4:2:2 for the best results?

:-D
nitin

Return to posts index

David Wheeler
Re: Shooting green screen
on Dec 6, 2012 at 3:26:17 pm

The 4.2.2 color space will always give you a better key. Of course, a 4.2.2 color space will not solve problems with lighting, reflections, etc., but if you set up everything else right, 4.2.2 is better than 4.2.0.

David Wheeler
EX1R; EX3; nanoFLASH; FCP 7; 17" MBP, MacPro Quad, Matrox MSO2,CS5
dave@marcombiz.com

Return to posts index

Greg Ondera
on Dec 6, 2012 at 3:50:53 pm

4:2:2 always, but if you use the other, make sure you use a light magenta gel on your strike light for better separation, especially with gray hair.

Greg Ondera
http://www.Plexus.tv
http://www.SurgeonToday.org

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Dec 6, 2012 at 4:26:08 pm

If you're renting a camera you will want to choose one with SDI (or certain cameras with HDMI) and rent either a Nano Flash or KiPro Mini to record to, as this will allow you to go beyond the internal recoding limits of the camera. 4:2:2 at or above 100 Mbps is a good file for green screen.

It sounds like you want to use a single chip camera, I would choose either the Sony FS100/700 or the Sony PMW-F3 and together with and external recorder you will have very professional green screen video files.

If you are purchasing a camera then hands down go with a professional camera like the 500.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]