FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 Ch2 problem when Ch1-2 recording

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lambert
EX3 Ch2 problem when Ch1-2 recording
on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:20:47 am

Hi everyone

Recently experienced this problem twice and maybe it's something incredibly basic I'm overlooking but I've experienced twice over the last month both at key moments in interviews and really need to have it sorted pronto.

Basically I am experiencing an issue where my CH2 recording levels are way too low as in barely registering anything. This only seems to occur when splitting the audio over both. Switching to AUTO levels doesn't help either and being split I am unable to edit the channel 2 trim to boost it that way. Does anyone know why this would be occurring?

I managed to get around it the first time by using an XLR splitter and then feeding this into the CH1 and 2 XLR ports this resolved it which has me wondering if maybe it is a dodgy xlr lead? Though why this would then be fine on CH1 and not 2 I don't know? I didn't have my splitter to hand on the second time. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: EX3 Ch2 problem when Ch1-2 recording
on Dec 4, 2012 at 11:44:31 am

sorry if you have checked this.. but.. have you checked the input switches to Ch2.. eg line/mic/+48 level have been changed..

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: EX3 Ch2 problem when Ch1-2 recording
on Dec 4, 2012 at 2:00:04 pm

Go into the audio menu/input and look for an input db setting and match it to the good channel. Sound people sometimes change these setting for their mica and you my need to reset it back. I think for my lavs I'm a -47db. Also check to see if the auto gain is separate, my sound experience is limited and the manual may explain these setting better.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]