FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW-F3: unable to arm recording on Aja KI Mini

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philipp Meier
Sony PMW-F3: unable to arm recording on Aja KI Mini
on Nov 30, 2012 at 2:12:14 am

Hey,

I just upgraded my Ki Pro Mini from Version 2.6 to Version 4.1. I also upgraded my Sony PMW-F3 to version 1.4.

I was previously able to arm recording on the Ki Pro Mini by simply pressing record on the PMW-F3. This no longer works.

I tried "arm by TC", setting the camera data to "f3" and playing with various other options. I simply can not get it to work anymore.

There are a couple of timecode choices I can select on the PMW-F3 (Preset, Regen, Clock). In the preset settings I can further choose from "Rec Run" or "Free Run".

The Ki Pro Mini is connect to the SDI Out port of the PMW-F3.

I have a shoot on friday morning. Is there any way you guys can tell me which settings I have to set on the Ki Mini as well as the Sony PMW-F3 to make this work again?

Thank you!!!!

PS: when the camera data is set to "Sony F3" I can't even start recording on the KI by pressing the record button.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Sony PMW-F3: unable to arm recording on Aja KI Mini
on Nov 30, 2012 at 4:52:26 am

I don't have the F3 but I do have an EX1R and an EX3 and right now I have my Ki Pro Mini hooked up and running on the EX3. Perhaps some of the following preferences can be carried over to your setup.

My Ki Pro Mini has the latest firmware which is 4.1.0.31 (under the CONFIG menu).

Number 8.0 in the CONFIG menu should read:
TC in
SDI RP188

Number 8.3 in the CONFIG menu should read:
Arm Recording
TC/REC KEY

On my EX3 under the TIMECODE Mode should be set to REC RUN. Make sure the SDI port on your F3 is active. I can't think of anything else that you can check on your end but maybe this is enough.

Cheers,

Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Philipp Meier
on Nov 30, 2012 at 4:57:31 am

Hey Don,

Unfortunately, I've already tired those settings. And I believe those settings used to work for me as well. I could kick myself for updating the Aja and F3 at the same time since I now can't figure out which of the updates broke it.

Really annoying that this stopped working. I really hope someone has the answer. Preferably by 9am. ;)

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Nov 30, 2012 at 5:22:12 am

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If I may make a supposition though; I would suspect it's something with the F3 and not the Mini. I just did a test before my first reply and the exact same Mini settings I described to you just worked flawlessly for me. Pressing record on the EX3 starts the Mini recording as well.

Cheers,

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Nov 30, 2012 at 1:04:14 pm

Make sure the F3 is sending out time code from the A spigot, and make sure the KiPro is set to record when it sees time code, it's that simple

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Philipp Meier
on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:27:03 pm

I can see that the ki pro mini is receiving time code from the camera. However, record is still not triggered.

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Nov 30, 2012 at 3:52:34 pm

Hi Phillipp.

I'm having the same problem with F3 and KiProMini after KiPro upgrade, so I think it's fair to say it's a KiPro issue. I have not yet queried AJA support, but they are usually very good; so I recommend calling them. I will be dooing so soon myself!

JS

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Nov 30, 2012 at 6:49:15 pm

Make sure the F3 timecode is set to record run

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]