FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Card Reader (SBAC-US10) not recognized on my MacBook Pro

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Griffith
Sony Card Reader (SBAC-US10) not recognized on my MacBook Pro
on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:07:08 am

I've done a lot of work with sony products on this laptop (2009 MacBook Pro) in the past all on OS 10.5. Recently upgraded to Lion (and updated to 10.8.2) and tried to offload some new footage (from Sony F3, 8GB SxS PRO Cards).

Initially it worked, and, in fact, I got all the footage off of one card. I then removed the card accidentally without ejecting and from that point on the reader has not been recognizable with any of the other four cards I used.

I tried the card that worked initially: nothing.

I installed all new drivers for the reader: nothing.

I restarted the computer several times and still nothing.

The reader lights up when it's accessing the card, but it doesn't show up on the desktop or even when I go to disc utility. The reader and cards are recognized on a Windows computer, but not my Mac any longer.

Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony Card Reader (SBAC-US10) not recognized on my MacBook Pro
on Nov 26, 2012 at 2:58:49 pm

If you're using an EX camcorder (and not a hybrid model like the PMW-200 or PMW-500) you do not need any drivers. The camcorder and card readers are class compliant USB devices and the cards are Fat32. You only need drivers of you are working in UDF mode and /or if you are accessing the cards using the built in Express card slot on a laptop.

Is the card that was forcibly ejected still read by the camera? Do other readers and peripherals still work on that USB port? Forcibly ejecting the card is more likely to damage the data on the card than to 'break' the reader. Does it show up in System Profiler as a USB device and go through it's connection routine ('Connecting' on the LCD...)?

Return to posts index

Jordan Griffith
on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:09:32 pm

The USB port still works fine, I tried both of my back-up HDDs and yeah, both ports still seem to be working.

Unfortunately I don't have a camera on me to test the cards (I rent), but I will certainly give it a try. Like I said, it still gets picked up when the reader is used with a SONY VAIO laptop running Windows7. The cards and reader both seem to work, just not with my Macbook anymore.

Return to posts index

Jordan Griffith
on Nov 26, 2012 at 11:22:05 pm

Well, it just started working again. No rhyme or reason to it. Thanks for the help though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]