FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX1r sound in editing. How to separate the channels

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bram Van Workum
Sony EX1r sound in editing. How to separate the channels
on Nov 18, 2012 at 12:32:37 pm

Hi,

I recorded 2 channels with my EX1r. Channel 1 is too loud and channel 2 is fine. I edit in Premiere pro and i want to use only channel 2 in the MP4 and mix that with the stuff thats on my Zoom H4N recorder.

How do i do that... I'm a bit stumped here and its not easy to google this because i'm not familiar with the correct terminology for something like this.

Appreciate the help ,thanx

Return to posts index

Jw van der Vlies
Re: Sony EX1r sound in editing. How to separate the channels
on Nov 18, 2012 at 12:55:16 pm

I think you can better post this in premiere forum actually. I have the ex1r but I edit in fcp. In fcp you can just delete one channel (they are not linked).

I have spent an hour on premiere and I know that you can set the balance in the audio editor, so you can swipe it whole to the left (or right).

But I think there would be an option to delink the two channels and just delete the other.

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
on Nov 18, 2012 at 1:05:14 pm

ok, i'll go do that. Meanwhile i'll look into splitting the audio

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
on Nov 18, 2012 at 2:30:32 pm

Hmm that still isnt quite it. I can do things to split to mono in Premiere pro but what i want is to get 1 channel from the camera only. In pre it still results in both camera channels. I've tried it in different ways (set the audio for the project in differetn ways, split audio, mix split audio with a copy of the unsplit track etc.

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
on Nov 18, 2012 at 2:37:10 pm

Premiere breaks the audio file up in 2 mono's but what i want is a sort of pre-split file which gives me the camera's channel 2 only. The thing is. Channel 1 recorded the surroundings of where i was yesterday and channel 2 somebodys microphone. i want the microphone only. Premiere keeps both channels, regardless of me splitting it into different output channels.

So i need the camera to output channel 2 only.

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Nov 18, 2012 at 2:55:47 pm

right click on your clip
select 'modify', 'audio channels'

under preset, select 'mono'
you can choose to turn independent channels off here, at least they'll be separated.

On the sequence you can 'option click' one channel & delete if you like, or just mute it.

There are other ways, but this is quick.

Steve

Return to posts index

Bram Van Workum
on Nov 18, 2012 at 5:18:07 pm

Thanks i got it now! Would love to hear the others ways too by the way :)

Anyway the micrecording is seperate from the other channel and i can mix it up with my Zoom h4n material yeaj

Return to posts index

Ted Daamen
on Jan 8, 2013 at 2:12:00 pm

Thanks Steve, that's really helpfull:brief and to the point. One question though: can I do this for alle the imported footage at once or do you have to do this clip by clip? Ted

Videomarketeer

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
on Feb 24, 2013 at 8:25:15 pm

When you look at the modify>audio channels, it comes up as "use file"

You can select as many clips in the bin as you like, then choose "mono" and make sure it's set to "2 tracks", channel format "mono". I have 3 clips selected here, and yes they all get modified.

When you put it in the sequence, you get 2 mono channels; option click the channel you don't want and delete it.

Contrary to my earlier post, I have NOT found a way to have clips' audio automatically set to dual mono.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]