FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM software update, FCP X Export to .mp4/.mxf

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Cook
XDCAM software update, FCP X Export to .mp4/.mxf
on Nov 14, 2012 at 9:56:34 pm

As some users may already be aware, XDCAM Browser is getting renamed 'Content Browser.' This is because we are rolling in optional support for AVCHD and other formats going forward. Version 1.1 is currently available on the Sony Creative Services site:

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/contentbrowser

It will be linked to the main XDCAM downloads page shortly. The applications are more or less identical so there should be no learning curve. There are some new features but the basic workflow and UI are the same.

Users can continue using XDCAM Browser if they prefer but there will be no new development and the application has not been properly qualified for Mountain Lion or Windows 8.

Sony Advanced Pack plug-ins purchased for XDCAM Browser v2 will work with Content Browser. The serial # needs to be re-entered. There is a reminder to this effect when installing CB.

New features worth mentioning in CB 1.1:

-Export/write back support from Final Cut Pro X

Exporting to .mp4- or .mxf-wrapped XDCAM files is now supported. Via Share-->Export Media there will be an option to export using 'Content Browser Exporter.' This will open up an export dialog similar to what we have with XDCAM Browser and XDCAM Transfer, where you select the destination and the wrapper format. You can export locally or to connected XDCAM devices.

-Planning Metadata support in FCP X.

You can select planning metadata files and batch-import referenced clips using the Planning Metadata-->Import Related Clips function.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
Re: XDCAM software update, FCP X Export to .mp4/.mxf
on Nov 15, 2012 at 1:17:18 am

Hi Ian

When up dating the SXS devices and UDF drive software..

1 The SXS devices download has an un instal button,but UDF driver doesn't

2 Does the UDF driver need to be manually trashed before new one is installed.. or will it automatically write the new one over it..

3 Is it important to always instal the SXS devices drive BEFORE the UDF driver,as with the very first installation.. ?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Nov 15, 2012 at 5:50:43 pm

You can install the new UDF driver without uninstalling the old one. The new driver will replace the existing one on the system. If you ever need to manually remove it it's in your Extensions folder and is called 'SxS_UDF.kext'.

Yes, you should install/update them in the recommended order.

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Nov 15, 2012 at 8:44:46 pm

Hi Ian

Ok many thanks sir..

Return to posts index

Robin Probyn
on Nov 15, 2012 at 1:21:28 am

To use sonnet express card reader.. with 10.8.2 .. do you have to down load the sxs driver from the sonnet site.. ? or is the latest from the Sony XDCAM site ok with Sonnet /SXS card combination..

Return to posts index

chris.rob
on Dec 13, 2012 at 9:57:02 pm

[Ian Cook] "-Export/write back support from Final Cut Pro X

Exporting to .mp4- or .mxf-wrapped XDCAM files is now supported. Via Share-->Export Media there will be an option to export using 'Content Browser Exporter.' This will open up an export dialog similar to what we have with XDCAM Browser and XDCAM Transfer, where you select the destination and the wrapper format. You can export locally or to connected XDCAM devices."

Hi Ian

I am not seeing these options in FCP X 10.0.7 with Content Browser 1.1 installed. Any ideas?

Chris

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 13, 2012 at 11:00:16 pm

in 10.0.7 it's under 'master file.' select Open With-->Content Browser Exporter

Return to posts index

chris.rob
on Dec 14, 2012 at 5:39:35 am

Thanks Ian.

Unfortunately I get the following error. Even selecting the XDCAM setting FCP X is producing a QuickTime movie that Content Browser can't import.

screenshot2012-12-14at05.36.05.png

Return to posts index

chris.rob
on Dec 14, 2012 at 7:33:23 am

Hi again Ian... Apologies, but I was trying to open with Content Browser, not the Exporter!

Now have a problem with the audio channels only supporting 16-bit, but winning!

Chris

http://www.chrisroberts.info
http://www.fcptrainer.co.uk

Return to posts index

chris.rob
on Dec 14, 2012 at 9:34:54 am

Hello again Ian

I'm now getting this error from Content Browser Exporter. Any further ideas? Your help is much appreciated.

Best

Chris

screenshot2012-12-14at09.32.41.png

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 14, 2012 at 2:43:43 pm

Can you let me know what format you are trying to export (e.g. HQ 35, 1080 60i, .mp4 file)?

Return to posts index

chris.rob
on Dec 14, 2012 at 3:30:59 pm

Hi Ian
I'm mainly trying to output XDCAM EX 1080i50 35Mbps. Content Browser Exporter can't seem to create the .MP4 file. I get different errors, all beginning with "Please check the volume to which you are exporting is not locked or full". Mainly the error concerns the audio - FCP X seems to produce 24-bit audio from the export preset for XDCAM EX and Content Browser Exporter can only work with 16-bit.
I'd be grateful for any help at all.
Chris

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 14, 2012 at 6:34:03 pm

I think something might have gotten broken in the latest update. I am seeing the 16 bit error as well and the QT inspector for the .mov is telling me that all my files are being exported with 24 bit audio. I see no way to change this in the Export settings. I will continue to look into this. Can I ask what you did differently when you got the above error?

Return to posts index

chris.rob
on Dec 15, 2012 at 1:21:35 pm

Hi Ian
Sorry, but I can't replicate the error from the PNG above. I was trying several things and I can't remember what combination resulted in that error.
However, whenever I try and export as XDCAM HD (either 35Mbps or 50Mbps) and try to create the MXF in Clip Browser Exporter, I get the following error. Seems something definitely screwy with the audio...

Thanks again
Chris

Return to posts index

chris.rob
on Dec 15, 2012 at 1:22:30 pm

PS - All works well with FCP 7.

Chris

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:54:05 pm

thanks, this is helpful-- are you starting from files of the same codec (not required; I just need to know in case I have trouble duplicating the error)? i will take a look at this right away..

Return to posts index

Chris Roberts
on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:42:19 pm

Thanks again Ian.
Yes, all my test files have been imported into FCP X using the Sony import plugin from XDCAM EX card (1080i50 25mbps) and trying to export back to the same.
Chris

Return to posts index

Charles Diego-Roll
on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:47:51 am

Hi Chris,

I am having a similar problem with FCP X. Where you ever able to get past the error message you posted above, and if so, how?

Thanks,
Charlie

Return to posts index

Chris Roberts
on Jan 21, 2013 at 3:15:56 pm

Sorry Charlie

I've not managed to get any further with this.

Chris

Return to posts index

Roger Suski
on Feb 11, 2013 at 6:34:10 pm

Will this new software version enable export Omneon compliant XDCamHD files in MXF wrapper from FCPX?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 11, 2013 at 6:37:03 pm

It will enable the export of standard XDCAM HD files with an MXF wrapper. They will not be the same as Omneon Low Latency files.

Return to posts index

Charles Diego-Roll
on Feb 15, 2013 at 10:14:57 am

Hi Ian,

I have limited success with the new Content Browser exporter, specifically with the audio, and was wondering if there is anything that I can do to bypass the problem.

I am exporting out of FCP X with the following settings:

XDCam HD422, 50 mbps

I have only had a successful conversion to an MXF wrapper when I export with 8 mono tracks. Any other audio configuration gives me an error message when I try to convert the file, and I need to be able to export channels 1 & 2 as stereo tracks.

Any ideas on how I can get around this?

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,
Charlie

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 15, 2013 at 3:42:03 pm

XDCAM HD422 must have 8 mono channels of 24 bit audio. It's normal for the export to fail of you don't set this correctly.

Return to posts index

Charles Diego-Roll
on Feb 18, 2013 at 4:18:11 pm

Hi Ian,

Thanks for quick response. Does that mean that you cannot have stereo on tracks 1&2 on an XDcam HD 422 disk? Is there a way that I can save stereo tracks so that the exporter recognizes them as mono tracks, but they behave as stereo?

Thanks again for all the help.

Best regards,
Charlie

Return to posts index

giulia Spera
on May 10, 2016 at 11:21:16 am

Hallo we are trying to export from FCP 7 to .mxf.
It says "error writing to fle".
Please help..we never did this kind of export.

Return to posts index

Kevin Langdon
on May 14, 2016 at 4:54:06 pm

I posted the following in another thread but also thought it may be relevant here to try to get a reply:

I'm able to export my .mxf file to a SxS card, but then I'm having a problem playing this card in a Sony SxS card player (in a sat truck, for example).
The method I've been told is after exporting an edit from my laptop, take the SxS card and put it back into the Sony camera and update the clip in the menu. This allows me to see the edit in the camera and even play it out of the camera, but if I take the card out and put it in the player, there's nothing there??
If I don't do this and just export to the card from the laptop, the player says there's nothing there.
In Avid, for this to work, you have to do an audio mix down first so there's only two tracks.
Is there something that I'm missing in FCP X on the audio side to enable this export to work properly??
I don't know if Ian Cook can help on this one??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]