FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1R and NX5U

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rawad Rhayem
EX1R and NX5U
on Nov 10, 2012 at 6:35:58 pm

Does anyone here knows how to match the picture color on an EX1R and NX5U? I've tried so many times and couldn't get them to match...the EX is too yellowish compared to the NX and the later has no saturation or contrast. Anyone ever tried to match those two cameras? can i take them somewhere to get them matched? please help

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: EX1R and NX5U
on Nov 11, 2012 at 11:55:46 am

I only know the ex camera but presumably there are options to create Picture Profiles with both cameras. Experimenting with all the various settings, particularly with saturation should enable you to narrow the difference.

Have a look at Alister Chapman's web site, ( http://www.ingenioustv.com), he's the PP expert with Sony cameras. I attended one of his workshops two weeks ago on this very subject.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Nov 11, 2012 at 9:22:09 pm

The NX5U's picture profile options allow for a very broad range of picture options. I've been able to match the NX5 to an EX3 in the past so you should be able to do the same with the EX1. Sorry that I don't have specific settings I used in the past. You just need to take the time to experiment to get a match.

Return to posts index

Rawad Rhayem
on Nov 12, 2012 at 1:05:11 am

To be honest, i'm not an expert with picture profile so i don't even know where to start from. I wish i know someone local to do that for me. In case you find any settings please let me know as i would appreciate it.
thank you

Return to posts index

Rawad Rhayem
on Nov 12, 2012 at 1:06:42 am

I've seen this website before but i'm a newbie and i'm not sure where to start to match the two picture profiles. I was hoping someone has done it and still have the settings. Thank you for replying

Return to posts index

Michael Johnston
on Nov 12, 2012 at 1:51:09 am

As a starting point, here's the settings I use for the EX3 profile:

EX3 Picture Profile

Matrix - High Sat , All 0's
Detail - level 5, freq 0, crisp 3,
Gamma 0 STD3
Black -5
Black Gamma -1

I've posted my NX5 profile settings in other threads on this site under Sony NXCAM. You can do a search and probably find them. That will get you close.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]