FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which Sony XDCAM & settings for green screen?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver de Morassé
Which Sony XDCAM & settings for green screen?
on Nov 7, 2012 at 9:58:27 pm

Hi there,

We only shoot green screen to product footage for web videos & e-learning material... our subject being primarily spokespersons.

We have stumbled across the new Sony PMW 100, 150 & 200 XDCAM HD422 Cameras. Are they all suitable for green screen? Also, any tips on the settings / color profiles which should be used when shooting green screen with these cameras.

Thanks for your tips

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Which Sony XDCAM & settings for green screen?
on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:52:46 pm

I'll only make some general recommendations since I have an EX1 which is 4:2:0
You'd generally want to shoot flat for post processing.
You do want to light the subject so it will look proper in context of your chosen background in post so keep that in mind when using a profile which is very much dependent on the look you want. You probably wouldn't want to alter individual colors in camera that would adversely impact the Green.
Generally shooting progressive is better than shooting interlaced although the difference might not be as pronounced using a 4:2:2 codec. Some would avoid the GOP altogether and take the 4:2:2 uncompressed out of the camera and record that.

Return to posts index

Oliver de Morassé
Re: Which Sony XDCAM & settings for green screen?
on Nov 25, 2012 at 10:07:48 am

Thanks for your feedback. What do you mean when you mention "shoot flat"? What settings should I be changing here? Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]