FORUMS: list search recent posts

SXS-1 64 GB card problem with SBAC-US10 Card Reader

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Marks
SXS-1 64 GB card problem with SBAC-US10 Card Reader
on Nov 4, 2012 at 2:35:40 am

Recently purchased equipment (Sony PMW-100 Camera, SXS-1 64 GB Memory Card, SBAC-US10 Card Reader) and I've been trying to test it all to make sure everything works.

Main problem: The test footage that I've shot on the SXS-1 card is not showing up on the SBAC-US10 Card Reader. I'm shooting UDF format on the PMW-100 and I'm pretty sure I've downloaded all the device driver software.

Basically the BPAV folder is not coming up on the reader (I am getting folders that are called "Clip" "Edit" "General"), and Final Cut Pro 7 is not reading the card at all. Is there anything I'm forgetting or not realizing?

Thanks,

Jacob

Return to posts index

Tom Greenwood
Re: SXS-1 64 GB card problem with SBAC-US10 Card Reader
on Nov 4, 2012 at 8:21:26 am

hey mate, i just got a 200 and posted about the same problem yesterday.

This is the solution from Robin Probyn:

"Not an editor but had the same issue come up when I started sending 50 Mbps files from PMW500.. everyone is used to the BPAV folders from XDCAM EX but on one could deal with the 50 Mbps files in FCP.
The L +T doesnt seem to work for UDF folders ..

Answer seems to be XDCAM browser.. set pref to FCP7.. see the clips in Explorer window.. select all. right click and import to FCP.. also read recently better to start XDCAM Browser from FCP.. otherwise its in standalone mode,not plugin mode..

Now with the PMW200 being used I guess alot more than the 500.. Im sure this problem will come up more with FCP .. ?"

Now just have work out how to fix the excruciatingly slow transfer speeds

Return to posts index

Jacob Marks
Re: SXS-1 64 GB card problem with SBAC-US10 Card Reader
on Nov 5, 2012 at 5:08:10 pm

Thanks for the help! Got everything to work just fine with all the directions. The transfer speed is slow, but at least it's working.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]