FORUMS: list search recent posts

unresponsive SD media

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiago Bartholo
unresponsive SD media
on Oct 23, 2012 at 5:45:33 am

When I purchased my XDCAM EX3, I have bought two SxS cards of 8Gb each and as an alternative, given the prices for each SxS card are so high, I bought a Hoodman adaptor to be used with SD cards.

I later bought some SD cards, two 8Gb by Sandisk (class 10), and one Verbatim of 32Gb. I have used the cards once and they worked properly, but after the first use, they have gone completely unstable, and sometimes they will be recognized by the XDCAM ad sometimes not.

Right now I am facing this problem, they will not be recognized by the camera most of the times I try them, and very few times they will. And I am trying to have them read by a MacBook now so that I can transfer the material to a hard disk and format them, but the computer doesn't read them either. I tried it through the camera and with the usb card slots, without having the camera as a deck.

Anyone has any ideas whether this is an adaptor problem, or maybe this solution for storage is really not the best and has proven to be unstable to other users when used in a XDCAM?

Any insights at this point would be helpful as I am in the middle of a shoot, facing several storage problems.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention,

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: unresponsive SD media
on Oct 23, 2012 at 11:32:57 pm

The one thing I always have been told is to format the cards in the camera and never on a computer. I have been doing this for years (EX3 owner) and I have never had a problem with the cards or the media.

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Marek Bilski
Re: unresponsive SD media
on Oct 24, 2012 at 2:47:16 am

That's very true Bill...format on camera not PC or computer.
It's quite possible that your firmware version requires updating Tiago. Can you check which version you have? For the EX3 the versions that we've tested are: v1.10, 1.15, 1.16 & 1.17.
I hope this helps.
Best-
Maggie

MxM Express

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]