FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble Getting a Standard Definition signal from my Sony EX-1

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry O'Brien
Trouble Getting a Standard Definition signal from my Sony EX-1
on Oct 8, 2012 at 12:15:29 am

I have always shot and monitored on my EX-1 in High Definition using the signal out of the SDI BNC connector. I have a need to send a standard definition signal (preferably composite) to a projectionist at an upcoming event.

I read this is possible in the Manual, but I can't make it work. Reading pages 92 and 103 in the manual, I see I am supposed enter the menu>go to VIDEO SET>YPb/SDI Out, and change the setting from HD to SD. I did that. I set the Down converter to Edge Crop."

Nada. I get snow out of the SDI BNC, and nothing out of the composite jack on the side using the Sony composite cable.

I'm sure I'm missing something. One of you EX-1 folks know the secret?

Thank you very much.

Barry

Return to posts index

Bill Griffin
Re: Trouble Getting a Standard Definition signal from my Sony EX-1
on Oct 8, 2012 at 6:49:42 pm

Make sure that the firewire output is turned off....and I would set it also to squeeze....this works on my EX-3. Leaving the fire wire on will also shut down other outputs.

Bill Griffin
HD Cameraman
972-475-6870
http://www.dallascamguy.com
Dallas, Texas USA

Return to posts index

Barry O'Brien
Re: Trouble Getting a Standard Definition signal from my Sony EX-1
on Oct 8, 2012 at 7:05:29 pm

Thank you, Bill. That would have never occurred to me, and it's not in the manual. I presume that turning off the Fireware is another menu-driven switch somewhere in the same area?

I will say, that on further testing, I discovered that I was getting component out with the setting switched to SD.

I try your advice tonight. My best to the great state of Texas!

Regards,

Barry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]