FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW 200, grey card slot door

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tor Willy Ingebrigtsen
PMW 200, grey card slot door
on Sep 28, 2012 at 10:27:06 am

Hi,

I just got the Sony PMW 200 delivered. But when I opened the box I realised that the card slot door was grey, not black. I read somewhere on the net (cant find it now) that Sony used the grey door on they’re pre-production cameras. Does that mean I bought a not fully developed camera? I have contact my dealer, but they cant give me any answer. And Sony cant give me any answer before I am registered with a “Prime Support nr”, witch my dealer is supposed to do for me (and they don’t know how to do it…). Frustrating!

Thak you for answers!

tw

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
Re: PMW 200, grey card slot door
on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:52:51 pm

I never heard about the grey door being a pre-production model...but then again I never heard of a grey door for the SxS card slot either. Try calling Sony in New Jersey. So how do you like the camera's performance? Have you experimented with the Hyper Gain settings yet? I have a EX1R and am curious as I may upgrade down the line.

Return to posts index

Alister Chapman
Re: PMW 200, grey card slot door
on Oct 18, 2012 at 7:12:50 pm

The grey door is standard fitting on the PMW-200. The PMW-150 has a darker grey door. It is I believe to make it easier to differentiate between these two otherwise extremely similar looking cameras.

There is very little difference between Hypergammas and Cinegammas, in fact Hypergamma 2 is the same as cinegamma 2 and Hypergamma 4 is the same as cinegamma 1.

Alister Chapman
http://www.xdcam-user.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]