FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX to HDV in FCP

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Longfield
XDCAM EX to HDV in FCP
on Sep 26, 2012 at 9:22:16 pm

I have a client who needs his footage in the HDV format on tape.
I shot the footage in XDCAM EX 1080 60i as per his request, but can't seem to convert it to HDV. I can't get the Video Playback (in the audio video settings) to switch to HDV 1440 x 1080 60i. It's not able to be clicked, (you can see it in a faded text but can't click on it). I know I've done this before and even have an Easy Set Up stored for it but it's not working. The deck is a Sony M15U. Any help is appreciated, as I need to deliver this footage ASAP

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM EX to HDV in FCP
on Sep 27, 2012 at 4:28:03 pm

You can't select HDV as an option in FCP for 'Video Playback' over firewire. You need to check the 'Different output for Edit to Tape/Print to Video' option and select 'HDV 1440x1080' as the output. FCP only support HDV output over firewire when doing a P2V, not directly from the timeline. Note that the above option will only be available if FCP sees an HDV-compatible device. Make sure the camera is set to ' SP 1440' as the video format with 'i.link I/O' set to 'Enabled.' FCP should see it then and let you print an HDV stream to the card.

Return to posts index

Dean Longfield
on Sep 30, 2012 at 10:24:03 pm

I tried to select the HDV 1440 x 1080 in the, "Different output for edit to tape / print to video," option but could not click on it, (it's there but in a faded text which is not click-able).

I'm using a Sony HVR-M15 as my HDV deck. It's on the HDV setting.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 1, 2012 at 1:33:49 pm

If it says 'missing' and/or is ghosted it means FCP is not seeing the device. Make sure FCP is set to the correct capture and Device Control presets. Also check the Apple System Profiler and see if the OS is seeing the deck; if it's not visible here the application will not see it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]