FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW-EX1 HD-SDI signal not recognized?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodney Hudson
PMW-EX1 HD-SDI signal not recognized?
on Sep 13, 2012 at 6:35:43 pm

I have a PMW-EX1 that I recently acquired second-hand and I was trying to test the HD-SDI output. I tested on both an AVID and AJA system and could see no signal.

I had the YPbPr/SDI set to "HD" and I had ilink disabled as per the manual. I could not get a visible signal from either AVID or the AJA.

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

Five Spots Down Productions

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: PMW-EX1 HD-SDI signal not recognized?
on Sep 14, 2012 at 8:24:26 am

What do you hope to accomplish with the use of the SDI connection? If your intention is to use the camera as a deck to transfer files from the SxS cards then you can only do that via the USB port.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Rodney Hudson
on Sep 14, 2012 at 1:16:57 pm

I am shooting a live racing event which requires an HD-SDI connection to push to the broadcast trailer. I went to a local studio and they had no monitor with an HD-SDI input but they had two NLE stations with HD-SDI ingest capability. Neither system would recognize a signal but I suspect that perhaps it was software config as opposed to the camera connection.

I am going to a different studio today to test on a live monitor with proper inputs.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Rodney Hudson
on Sep 14, 2012 at 8:31:12 pm

Update:

The HD-SDI port is dead. Confirmed this morning. Why/how it is dead is curious though. I read a thread here that mentioned that someone had a Sony repair facility do the firmware upgrade and after the upgrade the HD-SDI port no longer worked. H then took it back to the repair facility where they installed the firmware a second time and then it worked. That thread is here:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/142/875526

I am on V1.26 firmware and that firmware was installed when the camera was sent in by the previous owner for a lens issue. he said that he personally used the HD-SDI port prior to the lens repair by Sony and had not used it after the repair which is why it got missed.

I am wondering (hoping) that this may be all that it takes to get it back up and running again.

I'll post again once it is remedied.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Sep 14, 2012 at 11:28:48 pm

By any chance is the camera setup for the HDV codec? Or find the Genlock and see that the out put is, 24p or 60i
Perhaps your set to 24p and your monitor doesn't accept it.
Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Rodney Hudson
on Oct 2, 2012 at 3:16:18 pm

The port is dead and camera is on its way for repair. Thanks to all who chimed-in :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]